Friday, June 25, 2010

Real Live Design Problem



Not very interesting images but these do actually reflect a design issue I'm working on right now. Coincidentally, it has something to do with balance. I'm designing and knitting a sweater for a book of children's knits. The sweater itself is very simple but I'm adding a flower motif using a technique called intarsia. I've finished the back of the sweater but I now have to decide what the fronts and sleeves will look like, i.e. where the flowers will be placed.

The pattern for the sweater will be available in several sizes, probably ranging from ages 2-14, but the flowers will remain the same size regardless of the sweater size. I'm also under some time constraint. The back took much longer to knit that I thought it would and the sample needs to get to the editor within the next week or so. The fewer flowers I include, the faster I can finish (and I really want to finish this thing--I'm sick of it!).

No comments:

Post a Comment